Girl Rising (GR) launched in India with the national broadcast of its flagship film Woh Padhegi, Woh Udegi in August 2015. This film depicted lives of 8 girls who surmounted near impossible barriers to gain an education. Since then GR has been implementing on-the-ground interventions, premised on media tools, to raise awareness on the issue of gender-based discrimination, and to inspire a mindset and behaviour shift in the value stakeholders- including girls themselves- accord to their agency. Through its various projects and strategic partnerships, GR has been able to usher changes in schools, communities, and households, alike. GR continues to learn and build on its projects to shape an equitable future for girls and women across the country.
GR developed a gender-sensitisation training manual that focused on improving self-efficacy and building agency of young adolescents through interactive sessions, and collaborative activities. This manual uses GR’s films to set the context of issue, and sought to encourage students to introspect and challenge the subliminal and explicit forms of gender-based discrimination. For its upcoming projects that are focused on training adolescents on the aforementioned manual, GR is looking for a Module Development Consultant to iterate, adapt, and finalise necessary curricula materials. Detailed below are the roles and responsibilities and required qualification and skills:
SUMMARY OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review existing gender-sensitisation training manual and chart out a plan for iteration and adaptation.
• Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions on iteration/adaptation plan.
• Develop, review, and finalise the gender-sensitisation training manual.
• Develop handouts that cover key aspects of the manual.
• Develop Training of Trainers (ToT) agenda.
• Functionally test the ToT module.
• Finalise ToT.
• Conduct a pilot ToT training to test the manual developed.
• Oversee translation of existing and new materials into Hindi and other local languages as needed.
• Support GR team in conducting Training of Trainers for implementation partners.
• Travel within India as per project needs.
• Any other work that may arise as a part of the aforementioned deliverables.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Postgraduate in law, social sciences, gender, human rights and/or public policy related to women’s rights and/or gender and intercultural studies.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant specialized experience on gender equality and human rights.
• Experience in conducting trainings on gender-related issues.
• Experience in leveraging behaviour change communication, gathering and systematising data, evaluation of public policies and analysis of gender indicators.
• Proficiency in English and Hindi (written and spoken).
This position will be based in New Delhi with frequent travel within the country. Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, and a recent writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “GRI: Module Development Consultant” as the subject header. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be considered on rolling basis.