Are you a proactive, upbeat individual looking to gain hands on experience in the nonprofit or advocacy space? Do you thrive in startup environments? Are you eager to explore how to build a campaign and drive real change around the world using film and storytelling? If yes, then you may be a great fit.
After the release of a groundbreaking film and beginning of a worldwide campaign, Girl Rising has launched local campaigns in key regions around the world, including Africa and India, and is working to develop a unique approach for how film and storytelling can be used to best create change for girls in the developing world. Our programs in India focus on national mass media campaign, community intervention and partnership with Government. We use our multi media tools for behaviour change interventions which are aimed not just at creating impact but also empowering the community to eliminate barriers against girl child education. We firmly believe in the power of storytelling and have successfully created a dialogue among community stakeholders, in Rajasthan and Bihar, to raise awareness and acceptance of girls’ education by engaging with men, women, school youth (girls and boys), religious leaders, and village elders. We have also partnered with Prime Minister’s Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Intel, Star Plus, HP, Global India Fund, O&M India, Samhita and Save The Children, to drive impact.
As we continue to expand our work in India, we are on the hunt for an intern who can expand the capacity of our small team by supporting and coordinating everything that’s happening within Girl Rising’s India Program. Specifically, this means:
- Support ongoing research on girls’ education, gender discrimination and barriers therein.
- Support design and facilitation of focused group discussions and pilot programs within communities to create maximum impact.
- Coordinate with local team and vendors, as and when needed
- Assist in building organizational capacity through regular reporting.
- Support representation of Girl Rising at a variety of events, screenings, and receptions.
Are you looking for:
- An opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced team, with ample room for growth?
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to play a key role in supporting a new, game-changing project?
- A chance to create meaningful, global social impact?
- A chance to innovate new ways to use media, film and advertising for good?
- A really fun, exciting, challenging journey?
If yes, this could be an ideal experience for you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive in a startup environment - innovation minded, comfortable with adapting to a changing landscape
- Have a positive, can-do attitude - positive team player, open, proactive and a great sense of humor
- Be a supportive team player - reliable work ethic – able to execute on projects and anticipate needs of fellow team members even before being asked
- Have an eye for detail- be able to easily spot mistakes and avoid making them
- Work from the heart – deeply passionate about the Girl Rising mandate
- Inspire others with his/her passion, conviction, and commitment to excellence
- Experience providing administrative and organizational support
- Presently enrolled for a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Even better if you have:
- Hindi language skills
- Experience / interest with research, campaigns, or community organizations
- Understanding of international development and the issues around the girl child in India and globally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
This position will be based in New Delhi. At the successful completion of the internship, a certificate of completion and a recommendation letter will be issued.
10x10 LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Documentary Group, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants on the basis of merit regardless of their race, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other protected class under federal, state, and local law.
How to apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter via email with the subject line “GRSI: Your Name” to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.